Google Apps for Education & Business
Google Applications for Education is an fully featured, easy to manage and completely free learning system. Get to know Google Apps at their new Learning Centre website here.
It provides email, calendar, document storage and desktop publishing software that allows easy collaboration between staff and students.
The new Classroom system lets teacher set work for their classes. Students login to view the assignment using their school Google account. After they have completed the work the teacher is notified and can then mark and comment on the work, which is fed straight back to the student.
Students can simultaneously work and collaborate on Google Documents. These include:
- Documents (Docs)
- Spreadsheets (Sheets)
- Presentations (Slides)
- Survey Forms (Forms)
The Google System features also includes:
- Secure communication between users and the Google hosting
- 500 plus free teacher, staff and student accounts
- 24 x 7 email and phone support
- Usable on just about any device - Windows, Macs, Android and iOS devices.
- Online teacher training
- The educator owns the data stored by Google
- Google are signed up to the Safe Harbor agreement, meaning they adhere to the Data Protection Act.
We will help you setup and configure your Google Apps for Education system for £250 for up to 20 teachers and staff. Students can be imported using the school's MIS software.
Google Applications for Business provides the same great features, but it is not free. Google charge from £3.30 per user per month for the service - Google pricing